An easy cookie bar recipes that is customizable and requires little equipment
15 graham crackers (approximately, see notes below)
4 tbs butter (or butter substitute) melted
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
½ cup crushed pretzels
½ cup m&ms
½ cup chocolate chips
1 9×13 pan
Gallon size Ziploc bag
Optional: Parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Prepare the 9×13 pan. If you are using aluminum foil or parchment paper, line the pan so that the paper hangs over the sides allowing you to remove the bars from the pan when they are cooled. If you aren’t using foil or parchment paper, spray the pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Put the graham crackers (or other cookies) in the gallon sized ziploc bag and close it tightly. Crush the graham crackers in the bag (using a rolling pin, or even a canned good!) until the crackers resemble fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs in the bowl and then stir in the melted butter. The butter should moisten the crumbs, not drench them.
- Press the crumb/butter mixture into the baking pan.
- Open the can of sweetened condensed milk and pour it evenly across the graham cracker crust.
- Sprinkle even layers of pretzels, chocolate chips, m&ms and nuts on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before slicing into bars.
For a 9×13 inch pan, you need approximately 2 1/4 cups of cookie crumbs. If your pan is smaller, you can reduce the number of cookies and butter.
Keywords: Magic Cookie Bars