Classic Cheesecake with a White Chocolate Twist
For the Crust
- 2 cups Oreos (crushed)
- 3 tbsp butter (melted)
For the cheesecake filling
- 4 8 oz packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz white chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch spring form pan and place a parchment paper round on the bottom of the pan. Mix the Oreo crumbs and butter together. Press the crumb mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan. Set aside
- In a large microwave safe bowl melt the white chocolate chips stirring in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the softened cream cheese sugar and vanilla to the bowl and beat with a hand mixer until complete smooth. On the lowest setting add the eggs one at a time, completely mixing the egg in before adding the next.
- Pour the cream cheese batter into the spring-form pan and smooth the top. Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes. The edges should be slightly browned and the center should jiggle touched. Once it’s baked turn the oven off and crack the oven door. Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for one hour. After the first hour of cooling, move the cheesecake to a countertop to cool to room temperature. Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, garnish the cheesecake with melted chocolate, whip cream or fresh strawberries.