A brownie-like cookie with the classic flavor combination of peppermint and chocolate.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 oz Mint Chocolate M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together the all purpose flour and cocoa powder then whisk in the salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, abut 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, letting each egg completely mix in before adding the next. Then add the peppermint extract.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and then add the flour/cocoa mixture in 2-3 additions until a dough is formed. Stir in the chocolate chips. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the m&ms with a spatula.
- Scoop the cookies with a medium cookie scoop onto the baking sheet leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool.