- 3 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, throw in the room temperature butter and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes until it starts to look creamy.
- While the butter is mixing, pour the heavy cream in a small liquid measuring cup and whisk in the espresso powder to dissolve. Set aside until ready to use.
- Add the powdered sugar to the butter and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the heavy cream/espresso mixture and mix for 2-3 minutes more until the butter cream is the right consistency.
- Decorate the cupcakes.