Creamy smooth vanilla cheesecake on a buttery chocolate Oreo crust and filled with more Oreos of course, and topped with a little dark chocolate ganache.
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, room temperature
6 Oreos crushed roughly
⅓ cup heavy cream⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
Heat the oven to 325ºF
Make the Oreo Cookie Crust
- Use a food processor to crush the Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a bowl and stir in the melted butter. The mixture should be moist, but not too wet.
- Line 2 cupcake tins with 15-17 muffin liners.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the crumb coat into each lined space in the cupcake tin. Press the crumbs down until they are packed in creating the bottom crust.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
Make the Cheesecake Batter
- In a large bowl whisk the room temperature cream cheese and sugar together with a hand mixer on medium speed. The cream cheese mixture needs to be smooth before moving to the next step. If there are lumps, keep mixing!
- Incorporate the vanilla extract and make sure it’s well blended.
- Turn the hand mixer speed down to low, and mix in one egg at a time. Do not over mix. You’re goal here is to gently mix in the egg without adding extra air which will make the cheesecake rubbery.
- Pour in the crushed Oreos and fold in with a flexible spatula.
- Scoop the cheesecake batter evenly into the prepared shells. I was able to fill 15 muffin tins. The number of cheesecakes will depend on how thick the crust is in each muffin tin.
- Bake for 12- 14 minutes at 325ºF. When the timer goes off, the cheesecakes should jiggle if you wig turn off the oven, and crack the door to the oven slightly. Keep the cheesecakes in the oven for an additional 10 minutes. Remove the cheesecakes from the oven and cool on the counter until room temperature. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
Make the Chocolate Ganache
Pour the heavy cream in a microwave safe container. Heat the heavy cream until warm it’s warm, then stir in the chocolate chips until smooth. Top the cheesecakes with the ganache and return to the refrigerator to let the ganache set.