- bowl scraper
- spray water bottle
- parchment paper
For the Biscotti
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp molasses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment stir together the eggs, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and molasses on medium for 2-3 minutes. The mixture is ready for the next step when the batters ribbons off the paddle and resembles the consistency of pancake batter
- Add in the flour mixture and stir until a dough forms and all of the flour is incorporated.
- Using a bowl scraper or flexible spatula, turn the dough out onto the lined cookie sheet. Form a 14X2.5 inch rectangle and take care to smooth the top so that log has an even thickness.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the pan for 5-10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees.
- Spray the biscotti with room temperature tap water to slightly soften and then let it rest for another 5 minutes. Cut the biscotti into 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces at the diagonal, taking care to cut in an even downward motion to ensure that each piece has enough of a base to stand on it’s own.
- Return the cut biscotti to the cookie sheet, standing up with enough space between cookies to allow air to circulate.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool on the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Serve with coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate.