Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 cup 4 ½ oz AP flour
- 1 cup 4 ½ oz Cake Flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz melted butter (cooled slightly)
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Butter or cooking spray for skillet
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Then stir in the buttermilk making sure all of the flour is moist. Cover with a dish towel and let sit for 5-15 minutes.
- Stir in the eggs, butter and vanilla extract. Let the mix sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat electric skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of butter to the skillet and let bubble. Pour the pancake batter (using a ladle or large cookie scoop) onto the griddle. The larger the pancake, the more time it will need to cook on each side. For a medium sized pancake, let cook for 2-4 minutes until bubbles are evenly distributed. Flip carefully, and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve, immediately, or stack on a heatproof plate and put in the oven at 200ºF for up to 15 minutes.