Easy Buttercream perfect for your next decorating baking project!
4 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup crisco
9 cups powdered sugar
½ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Salt to taste
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and crisco until combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar and mix on low speed to combine, about a minute.
- Pour in the heavy cream, vanilla extract and salt. Increase speed on mixer to medium (4 on the KitchenAid) and beat until smooth, another 3-4 minutes.
- This recipe makes a lot of frosting.
- Don’t have crisco? Swap in the same amount of butter.
Keywords: buttercream frosting