Wildly popular on Reddit, a easy no-mixer carrot cake recipe, filled with pineapple, coconut and raisins, topped with a tangy cream cheese frosting.
For the Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- ½ honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapples, reserve the pineapple juice
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup walnuts, optional
- ½ cup raisins
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Make the Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Line 2 cupcake tins with muffin liners
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix pour in the oil. Using the same measuring cup measure out the honey (so that the honey benefits from the leftover oil in the cup and slides right into the bowl). Stir in the eggs and pineapple until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Then add the coconut, walnuts and raisins.
- Fill each muffin tin ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Make the Frosting
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the cream cheese and butter on high speed until combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer down to low speed and add in the remaining ingredients. Slowly increase the speed of the mixer to medium high and mix for 2-3 minutes until the frosting has a smooth consistency.
- Decorate the Cupcakes.
Keywords: Divorce Carrot Cake