An easy french toast recipe that uses leftover challah.
- 1 Challah loaf, sliced into 2 inch thick pieces
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Vanilla Extract
- Maple Syrup
- In a large measuring cup whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Place the slices of challah into the pan on one side for 5 minutes. Flip the slices of challah and repeat for an additional 5 minutes. There should be very little liquid left in the pan when you’re finished.
- Heat a frying pan over medium high heat. Throw a couple pieces of butter onto the pan to coat the pan. Using a pair of tongs, transfer the challah to the frying pan and cook on each side 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, topped with fresh berries, powdered sugar and syrup.
Feeding A Crowd? Preheat the oven to 200ºF and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. As the french toast comes out of the frying pan, transfer it to the cookie sheet and keep warm in the oven until you’re ready to serve.