Making M&M Brownie Cups happened by accident. So here's the story-- every time you blink on Instagram there is a gorgeous photo of some brownie cookies. And while I was intrigued by the brownie cookie what I love the most about a brownie– are the the edges and a thick center full of chocolate.
M&M brownie cups are a one-bowl masterpiece. You just need a mini muffin tin and restraint. Seriously, these are going to disappear so fast!
So here I am whipping up some brownie cookies, but along the way I thought to myself, I bet these would be spectacular if I baked them in a mini muffin tin. Decision made, pressed the brownies into a mini muffin tin and but them in the oven. 9 minutes later I felt like a kitchen wizard because it WORKED!
The result: all of the crispy edges I love with a nice chocolatey chewy center. It’s an all around win-win. Adding holiday mini M&Ms just adds to the holiday experience, but can easily be switched out for more chocolate chips or regular M&Ms.
- 1 mini muffin tin
- A large bowl and a spoon/whisk/flexible spatula
How to Make Mini M&Ms Brownie Cups
It’s so easy to whip up a batch. To make Mini M&Ms Brownie Cups you just need one large bowl and your favorite spoon/whisk/spatula. It’s so easy to whip up a batch. Start by stirring the melted butter and the sugars together. Then you add the egg and vanilla extract. Next you add in the dry ingredients – the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt. Last but not least, fold in chocolate chips and m&m minis.
Variations– So many possibilities!
Using the same brownie batter you could make these into so many amazing versions:
- Crushed peppermint + chocolate chip
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon + pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of espresso powder
- Add a Reese's peanut butter cup once the brownies come out of the oven.
Mini M&MsBrownie Cups
An easy one bowl recipe that makes the perfect bite sized brownies with the perfect edges to center ratio. And of course, the M&Ms.
- Prep Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 9-12 minutes
- Total Time: 0 minute
- Yield: around 2 dozen
- Category: Brownies
¾ cup melted unsalted butter
¾ cup brown sugar
½ granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup M&M minis
¼ cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, stir together the melted butter and granulated sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Then stir in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the cocoa powder until smooth, then add the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in half of the M&Ms and all of the chocolate chips.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat the oven to 325ºF.
- Spray a mini cupcake tin with cooking spray.
- Fill each mini muffin well three quarters of the way full.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes.
- Press a few of the reserved M+M minis into each brownie while they are still warm. Cool in the pan.
Keywords: M&M Brownies; Brownies