Chai Pumpkin Pie
Chai spices take a basic pumpkin pie to a whole new level.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Category: Pies
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chai spice mix
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 splash bourbon, optional
- 1 unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- If using homemade pie crust, roll it out and fit it to a 9inch pie pan. Cover the pie with aluminum foil and fill the pie pan with pie weights, beans or granulated sugar. Bake for 10-15 minutes. The crust should be dry to the touch. Set aside to cool while making the filling. Decrease the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the canned pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, salt, chai spice mix and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the pie filling in the cooled pie shell.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the custard is just set.
- Cool the pie on the counter and then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Keywords: Chai Pumpkin Pie